So its taken a while, but the first picture of my costume has filtered through, and immediately spotting problems. Know there's a few more coming, and hopefully one of myself with Oni Akuma and Evil Ryu which is probably going to be awesome.
I've been thinking about the cosplay a lot over the past few days - I kept telling myself that this was a prototype, a proof of concept, whatever, that I could make something resembling an M. Bison cosplay. I very much think I did, and I learnt some valuable lessons along the way.
So the positives of this experience:
- The jacket came out very well I think, especially as the second ever item of clothing I have ever sewed together (the first being the trousers for this costume). Learned the importance of pinning, properly measuring, and even just basic sewing skills
- Worbla is nice and easy to shape and paint
- Bias binding hides my awful hemming skills
Things I need to improve
- The trousers were a bit of a disaster, one leg was sewed inside out so they didn't fit well at all. Worked well enough for the cosplay, but definite room for improvement. Remaking these ASAP
- Armour construction shouldn't be rushed, and worbla may not have been the best material for this job. Will definitely remake the armour pieces for next year
- Affixing armour to fabric is hard. Also, making sure it stays in position is harder
- Need to repaint and remake the belt, but that's the most minor issue
Going to fix it up a bit for Eurogamer Expo (and maybe MCM or LFCC), and then look at what needs completely redoing for cons next year.