A few ups and downs already with this automail. I originally planned to cover the pieces in leatherette, leaving a few inches around the pieces to then fold over to create a nice edge. Good in theory, terrible in actuality - it made the pieces look great but also meant they lost all their flexibility... luckily, I had only done the two thumb pieces so, after redoing those, I decided to just cut the pieces out on the leatherette and paint the edges silver later. I really like how they turned out! Next, I hot-glued the finger pieces into shape, trimmed off the excess as the knuckle pieces were much too big, and then hot glued some black elastic down the centre of the fingers, leaving some at the end which I'll glue to the main hand piece later. Thank God I started with the fingers. I need new ones after burning mine off with hot glue >.< They look rough right now, but I'm very proud of them and they have my girlfriend's approval! I have cut out the top and palm hand pieces, stuck them on the leatherette to dry overnight, and will be all set to construct the hand completely tomorrow - so excited to see this coming together!