Started painting it. Whole thing is crap really. But I guess it's my costume and it doesn't have to be the best thing since sliced bread (why is slided bread such a great thing anyway, I like rolls and buns)?
The bronze paint is a bit too dark. I may try gold on top to lighten it a bit.
The type of paint is a NIGHTMARE. Enamel paint, sticky, gets everywhere and difficult to wash off (I think you need white spirit for it but I'm too lazy to leave the house to get any).
Also I didn't bother priming properly. I just put a couple of wood pva layers on it. And I didn't bother sanding it. So it's lumpy and warped.
I've also changed my 'attachment plans' a few times. First I was going to use buckles, then changed to elastic strips. Most recently I've decided to try felt. The reason I will try green felt is because the armour is very fitted (tight actually) so I don't think it needs support to stay on, I thought green Felt was less obvious than black or white elastics. Once it's painted I'll experiment and post what I decide on.