Delayed journals but figured I'd write up a few things!
The base trousers I made out of ponte roma and handsewed the trim down the side seam.
The jacket I made using a modded pattern for a military tailcoat - I mocked it up first to get the right fit and sizing before using the fabrics.
The main jacket fabric was actually leftover stuff from another project and rather than being a standard black, it has a sparkle effect to it and a little bit of stretch. The front decorative panel was made using an ivory brocade which I bondawebbed to duchess satin and then lined. The brocade was way too thin and flimsy to use otherwise but once it was adhered to the thicker fabric is had enough structure to keep the front panel solid. Unfortunately, I didn't realise this would have the side effect of meaning the front was so thick it would be almost impossible to fit an invisible zip in. I tried with a few invisible zips, including one specifically meant for wedding dresses but sadly I had issues with them all, so in the end I just fitted a standard zip instead. It doesn't show up too badly against the brocade so while I would have preferred an invisible one, I can live with it!
I made the epaulettes and cuff details from the same brocade and duchess satin (with some craft foam stuffed into the epaulettes for extra height) and handsewed on the front cord detail and epaulette cords, sparkle trim and all the buttons.
This was actually a pretty straight forward jacket to make compared to Stammi Vichino and came together much faster. There are still a few elements I'm not totally happy with (the zip and that the lining sat a little bit oddly at the back of the jacket so it doesn't too look too flattering from the back) but overall I was pretty happy with the overall fit and end result.