Gauntlets are finished and painted. A word to the wise - the paint cracks a little when they're bent/straightened, so it's better to move them as little as possible between painting and wearing.
So, I moved on to the choker, shoulderpieces, belt. Yesterday, I was drawing a template for the cape on plain, medium-grade, wallpaper. As I was considering what material to use for the remaining bits of armour, it occurred to me that the wallpaper is stronger than fabric, but more flexible than foam or cardboard - perfect for a choker and belt, which need to bend easily around my neck and waist.
I measured around my neck, then added a bit extra for overlap. I cut the choker about an inch wide. It only needed one coat of paint (yey for time-saving!), then I set it aside to wait until I've made the cape. Once the cape has been cut and hemmed, I will be attaching it to the choker for wearing.
The belt was more tricky, as I needed it to sit between my waist and my hips. I measured around my hips and cut it to fit that size. As it will be hidden by the cape at the back, I can attach it to the dress and then cut any excess off so it will be a sort of trapezoid shape. It needed two coats of paint, just to hide any brushstrokes from the first coat. I'm toning up for some of my other cosplays *coughLanfancough*, so I'm going to leave attaching the belt to the dress until nearer Kita, in case I need to take the dress in at all.
For the shoulderpieces, I put my dress on, and my fiancé measured and drew the shapes onto wallpaper. Once he cut that out, we just reversed it for the other side. He cut both pieces out with a little extra, so that I can hotglue them onto the inside of the dress. I'm giving them two or three coats of paint, then I'll draw the detail in with black pen and hotglue them on.
Not much I can do until tomorrow, now. I've made a polymer clay mold for the gem for the tiara and filled it with resin, but that will take 24hours before it's dry and I can paint it. (Remember, always brush the inside of your molds with mold-remover so the resin doesn't stick to the mold when it dries).