Even at first look, the corset construction was pretty simple (in theory!). The structure of the corset is made out of a peachy skin coloured fabric, with a lilac lace overlay on top. The Flowers and neckline lace are then connected to straps, which are purely decorative.
I have chosen to make the corset out of peach dupion silk from cheapfabrics.co.uk. The fabric is very thick and strong, which is important for corsetry and I've worked with it many times before. (its the same fabric that I made kozue out of)
The corset will be lined with a co-ordinating cotton and interlined with bull denim. You can purchase bull denim from venacavadesigns.co.uk, along with other corsetry components. Its an incredibly thick corset interlining and has the bonus of being pretty cheap.
I'm planning on boning the corset with spiral wire, i used the material many times before and prefer it over other types of steel boning as it flexes in three directions.
The actual lace on this costume was no doubt; rare, expensive and not obtainable over the internet for love nor money. I have opted to buy 2 similar style laces and to embroider any additional applique motifs using my machine at home.
Since Laces rarely ever come in purlpe, I'm going to attempt to dye them using acrylic inks. My logic being that I paint fabric with acrylic paint, so can must be able to dye it with acrylic ink!
I have yet to decide how the corset will fasten up, I'm thinking that eyelets at the back will ruin the delicate lace look. I might try a consealed eyelet system at the back, or have it fasten at the front underneath the flowers.