Last night I thought this costume wasn't going to happen because something really weird happened with my sewing machine. o_o it started rattling and smoking like it was going to explode, so I switched it off, and then when I came back the needle thread tension was weird, and I assumed that that was because of the whole smoking thing... it was a good thing that I noticed that the thread had come out from between the tension disks. I can still technically sew as long as I watch out for smoke, though I've been making my wrist seize up manually turning the handwheel out of fear ^^"
Anyway, after neglecting to do backstitches or any form of seam finishing, I managed to get the top half of the dress done today. Tomorrow I just have to put the skirt together and then do the purple bows~