To say me and RohanFox only decided to do Disney babes whilst at Disneyland Paris last week, we've both charged in to this!
Admittedly she's quite a bit further on than me but whilst she's drowning in yellow fabric I find myself running around like a mad woman trying to find the right shades of lilac.
The biggest difficulty I've had is finding the fabric for the bodice. In some shots it looks pink, in others it looks lilac. Sometimes it looks plain, but then up close it has embroided detail. After two days hunting I decided to go with anglaise and did mange to find some in lilac, only to be told that it was discontinued. I now have to sit and wait for refund before I can order any more. Worse comes to worse I may but white anglaise, which is readily available, and dye it lilac.
I've found what looks like the perfect corset pattern for the bodice, but I will have to wait and see how it works out. i've chosen to use taffeta for her skirt so I can still get the 'shine' without using satin as I just hate it. It shines pretty blue which I know isn't a 100% accurate but I really wanted to break up all the purple and lilac by introducing variations on the shade. I plan to embroider all the details on the skirt and there's no doubt I'll be regretting this decision a few weeks down the line.
I've order my main wig for the braid which is a whooping 51" long! I toyed with the idea of building up a very thick braid on a fabric base but I've since then decided to go the same route as the Disney face characters on the advice of my Mum.
So at the moment I'm just waiting around as there's not much I can be doing until stuff arrives or I get more money!