Progress Journals

What do we love? Costumes! But what do we love even more? Seeing people making them! Here are the most recent progress updates from those working away on their costumes.

Blueprint Update


So the blueprint is all printed and cut out, and I'm happy with the scale as I didn't want it comically large. Now I have a template I can work from when the rest of my materials arrive - hopefully soon!

Results Of Hot Mess

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Sat her by the window for now so what you think 😖

Sorting A Hot Mess

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Trying to style this hot mess for the first time, and already worrying me if I can get this looking perfect.

Gun Blueprints and Planning


So, I've spent the last couple of days working on the blueprint for this build. I figured it would be much easier to work on if I had something like this "template". I think it has turned out super well, I'm very pleased with it, though it took a little bit of work to go through a few different reference images to get the right perspective. My plan for the images (to save time, as it is limited!) like the label and dog image on the mug, is to print this onto something sticky that I can cut out and transfer directly onto the gun. I might have a go at painting them on if all fails me but we will see how it goes. I have also now ordered all the pieces I will need for the weapon and tank, as well as paint, wig etc. I will make a separate entry on all this when it has arrived, to show in more detail the materials and tools I'll be using, and I have a previous journal entry with an image of the costume "so far". I'm super duper excited for the con at the end of the Month and have my plane tickets and hotel all booked. I can only hope I'm done in time, between waiting for deliveries and working! PS: If you would like a copy of the blueprint for personal use, please don't hesitate to contact me on Twitter (xoAilune) or on CI.

A Mini-Test


Here's a mini Costest of what I have at the moment. I've not been able to work on much as I am waiting for some deliveries at the moment, just fingers crossed I can complete this in time for May expo!!!

CosTesting Cosplay

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

So thought I cos test the cosplay fits nicely but noticed the shorts can be tight ish but all still fits ok, feel I have put a bit of weight on 😩 The shirt could do with a bit of a iron what with it being creased a bit. I am having a bit concerns with the tie because of how it been made with a zip system that feels could jam at any time, so may put my mind on ease and buy a nice red tie off eBay along with my wig caps. Still not sure if adding a zip on the jacket is worth it or not? But think after YCC I may get a white shirt and mod it better to like the references of Kurisu from Steins Gate better. Keeping all the original on the costume I brought in case end up selling which I properly wont.

3rd Items Arrived - Cosplay costume

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Okies finally happy costume arrived. Thoughts. A nice custom cosplay but further on thinking of making some improvements, top top is fine but missed out the purple under the collar and could be darker. The tie is nice but could get a normal red tie that can fasten, the jacket nice but not sure if adding a zip to it be the right idea or not? The belt I could improve by finding a white belt with a gold buckle or make a white belt and buckle. How ever the shorts seems fine. Not tryed the outfit yet but could do later to see how it all fits 🙂 All n all at least it arrived in time, just need to sort the wig out with the extensions is just the major thing, getting wig caps and some blackish tights.

2nd Items Arrived - Cosplay Wig

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Wig came this week on Tuesday but will take more photos when done up soon because it need styling. Need to get head mannequin asap from home and order some new wig caps, because I forgot 😩

Cosplay Make Up

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Thanks to CosplayMinney tutorial video I did some reach on products online that may help colour my eyebrows, as well giving something to my cosplay characters. Heard NYX being one popular products for cosplay. Brought at boots while out yesterday getting a few errands.

1st Item Arrives - Cosplay Shoes

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

The cosplay shoes of Steins Gate - Kurisu arrived today in the post. Just the Cosplay & Wig to come now. Before the deadline. 😰

Steins Gate - Kurisu Cosplay (Custom Made)

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Steins Gate Kurisu Cosplay - Custom Made Seller - lj_lifegreen Here is the link to check there product. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F281698686501 Brought on 10/4/2019

Steins Gate - Kurisu Wig

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Steins Gate Kurisu Wig Seller - anime2028 Here is the link to check there product. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273451074631 Brought on 10/4/2019

Steins Gate - Kurisu Cosplay Shoes (Custom Made)

Valentine Cosplay Gaming

Steins Gate Kurisu Cosplay Shoes Custom Made Seller - CoSmile Here is the link to check there product. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262260103960 Brought on 10/4/2019



A MONSTER 3 layers of 3 tiers: a 5m tulle/glitter tulle tier, a 10m tulle/glitter tulle tier, and a 20m sparkle organza tier hemmed with satin bias and fishing wire It took over 100 hours and I've sacrificed everything I own to glitter... but it's DONE



I have had too much fun telling people that I painted a skirt to look like cheese xD but it's true! It's a full circle skirt made of 100% cotton and painted with Trimits fabric paint on both sides of each half. Waiting on some horsehair braid to hem it with.

outfit idea


overall idea for the outfit i'm thinking of, kind of punk and goth.


International Competitions

Check out our new info hub

Featured Event

London - 22nd June

We recommend: