Progress Journals

What do we love? Costumes! But what do we love even more? Seeing people making them! Here are the most recent progress updates from those working away on their costumes.

Shiny shiny Sonic armour

Mighty Odango

I got more comments and queries than I could count at Hibana about how shiny my armour was! It actually came about partly because I am a lazy lazy bum. I hate priming foam or worbla to the extent it needs for a nice smooth metal-like finish because it takes so LONG and painting/prop stuff is my least favourite thing to do in cosplay. I was wondering about a way I could get a nice finish without having to spend hours, and I eventually hit upon the idea of using mirror foil - the stuff you put on windows to give them a mirror effect. It was perfect for Sonic's armour because it's all single planes. I used PETG plastic as a base (except for one piece, which was worbla, which I then decided against). The foil is flexible enough to curve in a single direction. It did suffer some bubbling on the shoulder armour pieces because I shaped them before applying the foil, so it was awkward to apply - not sure if applying foil first would work better or not. The dome detailing is studs designed for the bottom of handbags and most of it fastens with heavy duty press studs. I also used a hack on the scarf. My intention was to do a rolled hem, but I was having an argument with the rolled hem foot on my machine and eventually said "f*** it" and just cut/sealed the edges using a pyrography tool; since it was a synthetic fabric it worked perfectly and gave the scarf a great flow unhindered by hems.

Part 1~


I've just been paid and decided to treat myself early to a wig and another item for my D.va cosplay which I'd ideally love to do for May comic con. I'm going to be ordering the suit real soon too, I need to check measurements bc I'm ridiculously short but also phat lmao + the headset.


White Tigress

I looked through my stash and found some white jersey and some black stretch fabric so thats the shorts and crop top settled. I just done a round on ebay and ordered some fabric paint, socks, headphones, glasses and freezer paper.

Stenciling and Painting


Do you ever start something and think 'urgh why was this a good idea?!' ^^; So I've finished making my stencil and patterning out the design on the fabric, now it's panting time! This is gonna be a lengthy process and probably take me in to the new year ^^;

Parka jacket get!

White Tigress

A size bigger for extra cushie cush ^^ I might end up wearing it as normal wear someday ^^

Cutting Fabrics


So tonight I've started transferring the patterns over to the actual fabric I'm using! Starting with the top half as it needs the least amount of altering. Have already cut the pieces and added the extra strip of material down the front, complimenting it with a slightly darker bias binding tape :)

Mock up completed!


So seeing as this is a personal project to strengthen my skills, I actually made a mock up! I never do this X3 But it has taught me lots of things, such as there's multiple way to do the elasticated bands on the legs and what part of my stitches I need to improve ^^ There's a few little tweaks I need to make (such as making it a whole size smaller!) Otherwise we're good to go on the actual fabric :D



Minigun has had a all the wiring done and the barrels now spin, just a cotton undersuit needed to add the armour pannels to

Make up test 1


Quick make up test for my Toriel cosplay. I like how it turned out for being pretty quick and my first time working on it. Got a couple things i wanna try work on and some things i want to add but couldn't because i didn't have what i needed. Not gonna be using the wig in this photo with the costume but its all i had to work with



All items have arrived but just need altering! The skirt and jumper both need shortening and the patches need to be ironed onto the jumper. The wig is slightly different to her hair in the episode however, I am not confident in my wig styling skills so it will have to do!


White Tigress

So yeah...was almost done for Ame but the shoes left me with a toe injury a few days before the con and will need a new pair :(

Trousers Made!


So I had to prep for nightshifts... which meant staying up all night... so I did the usual thing and made a pair of trousers. Of course! Fairly simple, elastic waistband, white detailing at the bottom. Tried to make sure they would allow for movement for martial arts poses, so they aren't super well fitted but they fit well enough. And of course I added nice deep pockets because I AM POCKET OBSESSED.

Wig and Headband


Finally styled the wig... which has been sat around for two years... I'm not very good at wigs yet but every one is more practice! Also made the white zigzag headband, which I attempted before but have re-done with a much simpler design.



Was originally going to go with pink tights but opted for white instead. Most items were bought, daisies will be iron on patches.



etc etc etc


Bean S├Čth Cosplay

While not a big part of the costume, my fabric for my BoS jumpsuit arrived last week and it's just what I need. This will cover all of the suit and the hood for my head. I just need to source webbing, tubing, plastic board for some of the metal pieces and actual metal hardware for some of the pieces. Foam is on the way so a music nerves and excitement to start on that. Lastly and perhaps the most ridiculous thing, eyebrows. I had pretty skinny brows so those got grown out a bit to shape as they need to be a bit more feminine and also look right for my face as I'm sticking with them now! The red hair is going as I haven't been my natural dark brown in a few years, so while not black like Danse, black dye looks so off anyway, it saves having a wig and more insulation attached to me.


International Competitions

Check out our new info hub

Featured Event

Reading - 5-6th April 2019

We recommend: