Tony-Jay - Green Arrow - 21st April 2014
Bow Upgrades 01
After Kitacon, I worked out that there were a couple of things that need sorting on my bow.
The first was the string. For Kitacon I used a length of 1mm white elastic for the bow string. This has now been replaced with a length of 3mm black elastic.
This means that the string should now be seen in photos. The string is also stiffer and my arrows will now knock in place properly, helping me set up the bow faster for photos.
An unintentional bonus is that the string now makes the limbs move when I draw it, adding to the realism.
I did a quick check on the string tension, and even with the thicker string it still only comes to about 3lb, well below most "con safe" levels.
The second thing I have done is add an arrow rest. It is a small hook that was part of a set my mother picked up for hanging pictures. It is bigger than real arrow rests, but as it doesn't "lock" the arrow in place it will be easier for me to remove the arrow after photos.