I first of all created a corset by patterning off my dress makers dummy and then trying to emulate the structure of Ravennas. I almost completed it but decided I was very unhappy with the shape of it and that the seam lines didn't match up to hers, so I tore it up for scrap (I have a bad habit of doing this often!).
Round 2. I decided to do some heavier research into the style of corset she was wearing, her outfit has an Elizabethan style to it, however I felt her corset was more 18th century, a cut that I feel is also a little more flattering. I drafted a corset pattern using my measurements and adapted it to an 18th C style, dividing each half into 4 parts. Figuring out where all the bones would go and also support the tabs that I had added was quite a lengthy challenge! Once I had my pattern though making it took no time at all, I completed a canvas insert with boning in about 2 hours.
I'm really pleased with the shape I have so far, its just pulled together with some cord at the back at the moment, no proper lacing yet.