6th July 2009: Things are progressing! The wig is fully coloured and cut, and it's in a few plaits at the front to get a slight wavy effect.
My experiments with dye have so far only turned my white fabric into light grey fabric, but I've ordered more dye in two types. There's a risk it'll end up black, but if that happens I'll just go with it - I initially thought the costume was black anyway.
I spent the weekend patterning the corset/basque and skirt, and I've now cut out all the pieces. They need interfacing but I'll do that once they're dyed. The lining has also been cut - in fact, the only pieces that remain to be cut are the black chiffon pieces.
I also need to pad out the bra. My boobs aren't exactly small, but Ivy is renowned for her ample assets and the design of this costume allows for padding, so I'm using a bra two cup sizes larger than I wear myself. Combined with a corset to give me more of an indented waist, it's giving me a reasonably accurate silhouette.
I've commissioned Tab (Khaoskreator) to make the belt for me, as I hate making belts and wasn't sure on what to make the buckle out of, and I know Tab will do a great job particularly as he's using real leather.
Royal Mail has delayed my progress somewhat, however >_< Irritatingly, they decided to return my parcel containing bias binding and eyelets to sender after less than the official 7 days, so now I have to contact the seller and let them know it's not my fault. Incidentally, this parcel was not delivered properly - there were 5 people in our flat, 3 of them very close to the front door, when the "sorry you were out" card was pushed through. No knock, no attempt to properly deliver the parcel. I'm not at all impressed and I think I'll be chasing this up with them.