28th March 2015: Weathering I started weathering the costume today. Initially I just put the costume on and started scraping myself along the breezeblocks that make up one of my garage walls. This helped me to identify some of the areas the would pick up the most wear and tear, especially the exact points where my elbows and knees were when wearing the costume (which is sometime difficult to judge when the costume is laid out flat). Following this I used some sandpaper to rub at all of the seams and the other areas like knees and elbows that I had identified during the previous stage. This has given the costume a slightly worn look but I think it needs more stages to get the desired effect. I am considering using a cheese grater on it, rubbing clay dust into it, and using paint and inks. I'll take it slow though as I don't want to wreck the costume.