12th October 2017: The Cape Part 2 and Finishing Touches Making the cape was a lot of fun! Once I traced the shape from my purple fabric to my Black Cotton, I used a stencil to draw the crown and diamond design on the cotton with chalk. These were painted on with Gold fabric paint which didn't take long~
Once that had dried I sewed the black and purple together, right sides facing and flipped it inside out so the raw edges were neatly encased. This was a complete pain, since some of the swirly frills were narrow and it took forever to get them the right way around!
The Cape attaches to the shirt with Velcro hidden under the shoulder section, and to finish off the shirt I added a Green fake crystal and some gold ribbon to match the reference. I actually wanted to use chain but I couldn't find the one I'd set aside, whoops!