21st November 2013: Wig styling part one There was two ways I could have tackled this wig:
Method 1: Buy two really long wigs of similar style and colour, weft together and style
Method 2: Buy one short base wig whilst adding separate wefts and style
In the end I of course chose the 2nd one. Though the weft length wasn't as long as I wanted them to be, by far it was much easier to sew separate packs of wefts in than to take one row apart at a time from another wig. Plus, the longer the length of a wig, the harder and irritating it is to handle! DX
Anywho just gonna explain how I started 'part 1' of this process. (Photos from left to right)
1. Base wig I started with (It's a seriously GORGEOUS shade of blue -I'm in love with it!!)
2. Used clips to hold the upper layers and pinned the loose weft in position before sewing in. I traditionally start from the 'bottom' of a wig and work up.
3. As the wefts were fairly long, I loosely plaited each one when I was finished sewing, so they don't get in the way of the later wefts.
4. Finished wefting completely, I then undid one plait at a time and brushed it straight. I then separated it in 3 sections.
5. Now came the fun part... Hacking and styling! :D Though it may have seemed tedious to repeat steps 4 and 5 over and over, I was having an unbelievable enjoyable time with this wig <3