4th May 2014: New Electronics Today I removed the old EL wire from the gauntlet, which had started randomly shorting out, and replaced it with four new pieces of EL wire. The new stuff seems to be working ok so hopefully it will light up successfully during the masquerade. This time I tried gluing the weak points of the wires in place so that they do not get moved too much when I put the gauntlet on, as I think this is what caused the old wires to start malfunctioning.
I decided to use some of the leftover old wire to enhance the mask with glowing eyes. I did this by adding a figure of eight loop of wire around the eyeholes. The wire will then connect to a spare inverter that I will clip to the neck of my T-shirt which will then be hidden from view by my hood. I just need to remember to avoid using the strobe setting on the eye wire as it is not pleasant with the flickering wire so close to your face.