5th June 2014: The shoes I've made boot/shoe covers before but MAKING a pair of shoes? That was very new to me! Okay, maybe saying "making" is the wrong word, I really just built over a pair of boots ^^;
I brought the boots from ebay. I didn't really care what they looked like (because I was going to destroy them!) apart from the soles as I wanted them to be as light and as close to the shape as Asch's as possible. Once I got them I hacked off the top section leaving just the part that covered your feet. I then made paper templates for each segment, 4 in total: Toe, middle, top and heel.
Each segment was made out of heat formed craft foam. I carefully got each segment right before moving onto the one that would sit on top of it. They needed to be able to move somewhat over each other (At least that's what I guess they were meant to do, that's what it looked like XD) for when I walked/whatever. Once this was complete I cut off some more of the boots, this time on the sides around the ankle area as there's a gap there in the references.
The slow process of PVA-ing, painting the foam black, gluing the lycra fabric to the foam, then putting bias on the edges where required and then gluing it to the boot base began. I think it took me about a week and a half to complete them! The last thing I did was paint the soles the same colour of the bias (despite looking white in the images, it's actually a light grey)
Most impractical shoes ever! XD