1st September 2013: Head piece This...was an interesting challenge. The ears have wire in them and wrapped around a hairband. The bow was sewn onto the right ear along with the two scarves sewn behind the ear. The wire is strong enough to hold the ears themselves up, not for any extras (example, scarves.) So a lot of experimenting happened to get the scarves sitting where I wanted them to. Eventually, I decided to sew each part together (left scarf is sewn onto both ears and the bow, etc.) This surpringly worked, it keeps them all together without anything falling. I tried it on my head for a quick test and sits fine.
It's not exactly how I wanted it to look, but it's the basic idea of how I wanted it.
Overall, this cosplay is finished and ready for expo!