22nd February 2013: Wings I was terrified at the thought of making wings but they turned out to be fun to put together despite the amount of things that went a bit wrong... The hardest part about this was honestly finding the right thickness of wire! The ideal thickness is supposedly 14 gauge in American terms but I had no bloody clue what the UK equivalent was! I was lucky my dad said he had some stashed around somewhere and it was just about right to make the wings :D
- To start I created a template of a wing (Which I forgot to photograph as well as many other steps OTL)
- I bent the wire to the template shape (trying to get them to be as symmetrical as I can)
- I cut organza leaving at least an inch more of fabric; around the shape of the frames
- After pinning the organza I hand sewed (yes) all round the frame(S) twice...
- Cut away the excess and sealed the edges with fabric glue
- I traced around a star template onto felt (as it doesn't fray) and did tiny stitches on each corner to attached (I learnt using bondaweb and glues aren't good for this)
I now possess a cute pair of wings <3