31st May 2011: Getting high on Evostick Well I got Thor 95% complete, I've got a couple of details that I can still add if I fancy.
I finished covering all the armour segments in PVC late Thursday night and then took the sucker to Expo. Luckily Friday at the show was quite quite so I stole some time to assemble most of the costume - except the bits that had to be remade cos i'd covered them the wrong way around. did finaly have him workable by saturday morning so I defiantly wore him.
Found half an hour on Sunday for an upgrade in the form of some quick dry brushing for a gunmetal finish to parts of the armour.
On reflexion, this technique has proved a lot more complicated and time consuming than I was expecting but I got the costume done in a week of evenings and it's turned out damn fine.