12th July 2010: Shoes Finished Before I started work on the shoes, I did attempt making the hammer out of various containers for the shapes, cardboard, and paper mache. After I had covered the whole thing in paper mache twice, I decided that it wasn't strong enough since the handle wobbled and that it wasn't very smooth around the main part. So I'm going to try again using round paper mache boxes and an old broom handle my Dad found. :)
Anyway, I got a pair of those soft boots for the shoes, but it would have been less work to get slippers that went up to the ankle, but never mind. So I made patterns out of baking paper, then pinned on the fabric shapes and sewed them on, doing the one at the top of the boot first. For this I used a curved needle since I found that the strongest and easiest to use for this, then to finish I glued on the remaining material at the bottom to the soles.
I'll be wearing trousers with this, so the seam around the middle shouldn't show, but I covered the whole shoe just incase my trousers ride up at any time or something.