29th September 2010: Jumpsuit complete Just finished the jumpsuit. I've had to make it in two parts (i.e. top and bottom) and then attach the two together because I didn't have enough material to do it all in long pieces. As a result, I have a seam around my hips which bugs me a lot. It hopefully shouldn't be too noticeable in pictures, but I'll know it's there *annoyed* I'll re-do it some time when I have money for more material. It'll do for now though. I've made the hood detachable (using poppers) because otherwise, due to the 'onesie' nature of the jumpsuit, I wouldn't be able to put the costume on. Vector Tail was reinforced with interfacing to make it a little stiffer, which should stop it flapping around in the wind.
Am off out soon to buy all the bits I need to do her nails :) I'm pretty excited about doing these - I've not had to wear fake nails for a costume before.
Wig arrived a few weeks ago and I'll be styling that a little closer to Expo.