6th May 2015: Almost done. So as you might be able to tell from the picture of my profile, this is my second "attempt" on a Jayne Cobb cosplay. Last time I just had hat and t-shirt, and thought that was enough. (which it was, as it was my 2nd cosplay ever)
This time, I wanted to do it right!
Got myself a screen accurate Blue Sun shirt, and modified it like in the show, made it into a tanktop, then to a scalpel to the front to make a screen accurate cut to the one Jayne gets in "Ariel". Then I stitched it up a bit with some simple stitches, so I don't HAVE to walk around with it cut open, but it's easy to remove if I choose to use some fake blood.
Got some good cargo pants, and a pair of nice boots that fit, and a screen accurate belt, a pair of fingerless gloves, and a leather strap with the right buckles.
- Hat - Well I got myself a new cunning hat, this one fits me better than the "official" one, and it's BEAUTIFULLY handcrafted! I'll probably only wear it if people ask me in photos.
- Binky - I had a plastic training knife that I've cut and modified to look more like his bowie knife, then painted it. Made a sheet to it by using craft foam (let's hope it survives)
- Chain-of-command - "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I (...) beat you with until you understand who's in rutting command around here!" big costume plastic chain. it was either this or grenades, and I felt that the chain of command was a bit more "original"
- Boo - THIS is a hard one. Getting a le mat revolver replica, or a toy turned out to be really hard to do. and I couldn't really find any toys that looked similar enough. it was either building one from scratch, or get a kit. so I've ordered a cast kit. it's not perfect, but I think I can modify it to look like it's should.
let's hope I get the kit in time, and have enought time to fix the whole thing
- credits - pretty easy, a few stacks of alliance credits that I and friends got from lootcrate