Kitty Pryde "Shadowcat" - X-men Evolutions


I've been meaning to add this for a while. Somewhere along the line during the summer holidays, an X-men group came into being and I just had to pick Shadowcat!

X-Men evolutions was one of my favourite things to watch as a kid, and Kitty was easily my favourite character.

Everything about this costume is either skintight or hella chunky but it's so comfy!

Will be worn for Midlands!

InfiniteJester posted on 29 October, 2014 - 16:11
Oh wow, can't wait to see this! You'll really suit Kitty!

Siouxsie James posted on 16 January, 2015 - 08:03
Great choice!!

WhiteWraith posted on 17 January, 2015 - 10:20
Progress is looking great :)

nanahara posted on 20 February, 2015 - 06:33
you look PERFECT as Kitty Pride

Siouxsie James posted on 1 March, 2015 - 22:32
AMAZING :) this is so adorable and kick ass at the same time. Love it!

cowiee posted on 2 March, 2015 - 03:08
oh my word! This is brilliant! You defiantly suit her sooo bad! o:


Total cost: £0.00

25th January 2015

Baby's first worbla

After sticking a load of craft foam together onto a belt buckle, I decided to try worbla for the first time and cover it all up to make it a bit sturdier (superglue and I will never be friends) and generally look badass! I'm really happy with how it turned out c: I don't have a heat gun so I just used my trusty old hairdryer and it did the trick pretty well. Now to prime it, sand it and paint it! The rest of the belt is just a tube of the same jersey as my gloves with squares of craft and sofa foam sewn in at intervals to create that 3D look. This cosplay is turning out to be very chunky haha

20th January 2015


The base boots are my Sophie boots which I re-covered in the same lilac as my suit. I then drew and cut out the design for the raised bit on seat foam, and cut it down to about 2/3 thickness. After folding a piece of lilac jersey around it and sewing close around the foam (to make it stand out), I sewed the whole lot into a tube to make a bootcover. The bootcover just slips on over the top of the base boot before I put it on, so I can keep using the boots for Sophie! Also taking photos of my own leg is still awkward and difficult, and it make the boot slip down :c

17th January 2015


I used Kwiksew 2722 and my generic sleeve pattern to make the base bodysuit out of black scuba, purposefully making it a little loose. I then cut and stitched the lilac sections. The jersey I used isn't as stretchy as the scuba, which is why I made the base suit loose, so the fit wouldn't be too badly affected. The collar is just yellow and lilac jersey. It's stitched halfway around, and the rest is fastened by poppers for ease of getting in! The whole thing is fastened by a zip at the back, which I need to iron...

International Competitions