Jack Skellington (2.0) - The Nightmare Before Christmas



I last cosplayed Jack a few years back and though I got lovely feedback on it from people, I always did feel like it wasn't as accurate as I'd liked it to have been due to it mostly being a rushed, spontaneous costume.
Hoping to remake parts of this now to make it look better and add the bits I never quite got around to last time! The make up and wig will likely be the same though as the previous attempt. I'm mostly focusing on redoing the costume and making some props to go with this like Zero.

KiraraYumi posted on 25 October, 2014 - 14:51
YES <3 Can't wait to see what new things you do with this!

InfiniteJester posted on 25 October, 2014 - 19:05
Thanks hunni! :) Definitely needing a revamp on it!

The_Deadly_Unicorn posted on 29 October, 2014 - 01:55
:DD this will look awesome! Can't wait to see it, nightmare before Christmas is a favourite!

InfiniteJester posted on 29 October, 2014 - 16:10

HarryKurt posted on 31 October, 2014 - 19:36
Ooh, awesome! Can't wait to see this! :)

MadlyScientific posted on 3 February, 2015 - 12:26
Can't wait to see this! Love seeing Nightmare Before Christmas cosplayers :)

InfiniteJester posted on 4 February, 2015 - 11:18
Thanks guys! Just really want to revamp my original costume and do him justice this time!

WolfyKid posted on 27 February, 2015 - 22:07
I love the nightmare before christmas and I can't wait to see this!!!good luck!

InfiniteJester posted on 28 February, 2015 - 15:00
Thanks :)

Remake Tailcoat
Remake bow tie
Remake Trousers
Make more effective skeleton hand gloves
Make Zero

Total cost: £0.00

25th October 2014

First Thoughts

I've been intending to go back and make some changes to this costume for a while and after finding the old bow tie the other day in a particularly mangled and unusable state, I've finally been spurred into action with this one. It's not one I'm going to be making in a rush this time as I really want to get all the details right. I'm hoping to find a better method for the fixing on the white stripes onto the trousers and tailcoat this time - normal pinstripes are too invisible. Last time I used a 3d paint but though it looked okay for the photos, I didn't feel it gave the right effect so I'll be looking for another idea. I've started work on the new bow tie for now, using some pinstriped leatherette I already have. Hoping to put in interfacing and possibly wire into to make it stand out correctly. Shall figure out some way to do the bat-head central point for this as well - possibly worbla or some kind of lightweight moulding clay. (blurry photo is blurry! You can see the general idea of the bow tie though so far - not sewn together yet, just pinned!)

International Competitions

Featured Event

Milton Keynes - 8th November