×
 

Captain America - Avengers Assemble


 


WhiteWraith posted on 2 August, 2014 - 09:30
Progress looks good!

HarryKurt posted on 18 August, 2014 - 15:06
This is absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see this in action. :D

Niamh posted on 21 August, 2014 - 14:05
Looks amazing! :D

Sephirayne posted on 22 August, 2014 - 02:53
This looks great.

Kitri du Lac posted on 22 August, 2014 - 11:28
Looks really good! I love the vibrant red you've used. Really comes across well!

leedwood posted on 11 September, 2014 - 20:35
Oh this is super! Hope to see it for real at MCM London 26th October.

Dax79 posted on 2 October, 2014 - 14:40
Cool!!!! I will keep an eye out for ya!

17th August 2014

90% complete

So all I have left to do now is the belt and the gloves, and some detail on the trousers (zips, some panels of fabric around the knees, etc). The gloves are going to be built up from existing ones because I can't do gloves and I don't want Cap to be my first attempt at making them (because I know it's going to be stressful), so I'm waiting on those before starting on the extra stuff for them. The belt is just a plain blue canvas belt which is an almost perfect colour match, so I'm happy about that. I've bought a couple of functioning pouches that I'm going to cover in the right colour fabric so I can store things like my phone and my money and stuff at the con, since I have no pockets on this costume, and then I'm gonna make the remaining four myself - whether they're functioning or not, we'll have to see. But for now, this is the full thing.

16th August 2014

Boots done!

So after three long days of fiddling and sewing and swearing and crying, my boots for Cap are done. I've used basic polycotton for the material just because it's cheap, easy to get, and I know the colour comes out really well. Now the reference photo I was using had the boots as red and black but after searching for other photos to get better shots of the boots from different angles, the on-set photos show them as red and darker red. Hahahaha. oh joy. But, considering I'd have to mess around with fabric to get the right shade of red, I decided to just go with black and deal with it. Started with the black as a base cover, and then started adding the red over the top. Used some black pleather for the 'sole' and a couple of the details, and then my favourite metallic silver material for the clip details for the straps. Because I'm a cheat like that.

1st August 2014

Shirt progress

So after a day of work, I've made quite a lot of progress on the upper half of the costume. I used a blue long-sleeved shirt as a base, and then began to panel over it in the right shade of blue (and red & white where appropriate). It's still not finished as of yet, as I still have some panels to add and then the sleeves to finish, but it's looking good so far and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.

31st July 2014

Made a start!

There's not much progress all things considered, but I have a base shirt and trousers and material on the way, and I styled the wig although I need to thin out the top a little and cut it a bit in places. I'll see how I feel about that after the costume is done, though.



International Competitions

Featured Event

Milton Keynes - 8th November