21st May 2014: Shiny! Final step was to get a bit of engine grease on everything! Fun and messy; I put the costume on, put black acrylic paint on my hands and wiped it off wherever you would when working. Hands in pockets, down the front and on the hips/thighs, then I added a little over the patches to make them look more worn in.
It was very unlikely I'd find one of her actual tops, so I decided on the guidelines of a busy pattern with a minimum of 3 colours and no black. Turns out is very hard to find long sleeve tops that don't have black as a base, but I finally found this beaut on eBay for less than a tenner with the term 'bodycon'.