25th May 2014: Test wear! All in all I had very little casualties in this costume!
One tassle came off and a bead came loose from the pocket so good to know!
The wig was styled using straighteners to give it a bit more of a frazzled/wavy look!
23rd May 2014: Sashes Finished the sashes - they were stitched into the waist band of the pants to keep their shape. I'd like to add more to this but for expo it'll have to do!
22nd May 2014: Pocket details Finished the pocket - all sewn on - hand stitched blarg ;_;
With two sewn in brushes dipped in glitter <3
Actually a functional pocket for once to!
21st May 2014: Hat complete AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. done
Edit: ok so I should probably write a bit more about this. I think the hat has taken the longest time to make - ever. It's a mass of hand stitching which I actually hated previously. If anything I don't mind it so much now - I've gotten that used to it XD It has some weight to it - but not too much luckily! I'm thinking of securing it to the wig, it has a tight fit but it might be safer to add a few stitches!
There's not really much else to say - it's a lot of fabric/ trims and pretty ;]
16th May 2014: Hat details and side bow Progress on the hat details!
That ribbon took hours, mostly down to stitching the stripes :sob: It's lined in black brocade to match the longer strips. Will be sewing it onto the side of the hat soon!
13th May 2014: Hat patterning / trim stitching/beading details Some of the patterning finished and adding the first trim of many!
Sewing in some little pearl/beads into the stitching randomly also to give it a bit of contrast in all the gold.
Trim is the same used in the cape but folded in on itself to shorten the length of the zig zags to fit the hat/reference!
8th May 2014: Hat base This took literally ages ;_;
I was never happy with the fabric shape/sit/gather. Base now finished though - next step is to just throw bows and trims at it till it's covered. Whatwasthepoint oTL
14th April 2014: Swag Pantsu The finished stars on the pants!
Used the same technique as the first cape, puff paint to give them an impression and 3D edge.
13th April 2014: Cape#1 Progress Cape!
I've still got one or two tiny things to add to this but the pattern is done!
12th April 2014: Cape #1 Details Nearly finished the patterning on the cape~!
I've used the same technique on the pants for the gold stars. Puff paint and glitter. It's fair to say I'm living and breathing glitter right now...
In regards to the stars // I've not been precious about the pattern nor the shape/size of the stars to give it a hand drawn appearance. This is a personal taste I decided to approach with in this costume since Relm is a young artist I decided it would be nice to have a little home made feel about certain parts :]
9th April 2014: Cape #1 Cape #1 nearly finished! Once the secondary trim is sewn down I can add the green stars - I'm using a combination of puff paint and glitter to create them and leave a hand drawn appearance <3
1st April 2014: Arm warmer #2 This is the hidden one! On her right arm~
In the original concept art [Amano] Relm has one smaller arm band [left arm] and a transluctant full arm warmer on her right. I've followed the design and here it is finished =D
31st March 2014: Arm warmer Mostly finished the little arm warmer on her left arm!
My favourite part is the back of it - whups XD;
30th March 2014: Pocket details Finished the pocket for the side of the pants!
Massive artistic license taken since you literally only see the ribbon close to her foot and the tops of the paintbrushes that are in it! I'm considering having mine a bit higher when I sew it on.
29th March 2014: Top remake I remade the crop top - making the top edge more curved and ensured the pattern was fully symmetrical all the way down. I improved the fit and zip closure.
Also started sewing the stripes onto one of my ribbons - soon to be made into a bow!
28th March 2014: Sandals Just waiting for the lace to dry and then I can glue the gems on <3
12th March 2014: Base Ignore the ribbon strip, it's so I don't lose it.
Nearly finished with the base pieces!
11th March 2014: Trouser bases Will probably need stuffing, there's a lot of puff in these..
4th February 2014: Crop-top base I saved some diamond zips from an old article of clothing <3
Also in love with this fabric
23rd January 2014: Wig base Close up photo courtesy of Coscraft <3
22nd January 2014: Materials! Not quite everything but the majority - literally all I could fit in this shot!
3 hours worth of deliberation.
TheStarlightFairy - 23rd January 2014
This is going to be beautiful! Great choices, and what a lovely coincidence with Team Spain!
Sephirayne - 5th February 2014
Love the design. Can't wait to see this put together. Lovely idea for you to join up with another team for photos. Can't wait to see the result of that ^_^
Cosplay Island is a news, portfolio and resource site for UK cosplayers. Join for free today, create your cosplay profile and share your photos with other cosplayers, or browse thousands of costumes by our members. Stay updated with all the latest news from the costuming world and cosplay events.