vegeta
Dragon Ball Z

Cosplayer: Cy-Fi

Variant: Over 9000

Status: Complete

Condition: Not Set

9th April 2014: Compleat (retrospective) The work is don and the costume has had it first outing to Scifi Scarborough but in the rush to finish it I forgot to up date the journal, so what will follow is a couple of retrospective entrees to fill the gap.
First off the paint, I did the white first, let it dry then masked off and then put on the mustard yellow. Had a couple of bleeds but nothing to major. Would have liked to put some more detail in, such as darkening the lower sections of the yellow and adding a bit of a soft purple to give more shape to the white sections, but time was not my fried. May go back and do this before next time.

3rd April 2014: Gloves and tail compleat Tanks to my mother-in-law lending use a sewing machine and me doing a bit of hand sewing, they are done, tail will be pined to the back of the body sock, it is stuffed with teddy fluff :)

2nd April 2014: Armour construction compleat All the bits are done, the 3 lower body plats are held in place by Velcro and they swing for ease of movement. Have started to seal ready to paint.

31st March 2014: Armour continued 4 Shoulders done now for the Thigh and crouch guards. Think I will be doing a crab impersonation when going throw doors :)

28th March 2014: Armour continued 3 Back section compleat and the side fastening is in. Quite happy that it is almost inposibey to see the joine when don up :)

24th March 2014: Armour continued 2 Pectoral plats don, next I will do the back.

22nd March 2014: Armour continued Shaped the dividing section and the lower plates and fixed them.

19th March 2014: Armour start With the sewing machine in for a much needed serves I have shifted my attention to the armour. This is the dividing section between the panels at the front. I plan to make this armour in 3 bits front, back and shoulders.

10th March 2014: Gloves are hard But I have managed to get the first one don sort of (the hard bit at least). I have spotted that the pleather is pulling a bit at the valley of the fingers, hope it holds :/

16th February 2014: Wig compleat ish Have finished gluing the hair to the bace. This made such a mess and have the feeling I'll be finding bits of wig for months, once the glue has dried I will beabel to test fit and add the side burns.

11th February 2014: Geting covered in hair Bot me the room and thankfully also the wig bace. This is a very new proses for me and sum what out of my comfort zone but I think I'm geting the hang of it and quite enjoying it :)

9th February 2014: Trying on for size Fits well but will have to go back to the droning bored for the best way to keep the scouter in place as the wig will not accommodate the Alice band

8th February 2014: Wig bace don This is the compleat spike skeleton that will next be covered in hair to give the massive hair do of a true saiyan.

1st February 2014: Wig WIP A quick pic of the spikes so far

25th January 2014: Busy busy busy I received my two long black wigs in the post yesterday, I have finalised my glove pattern after approximately 6 test runs, and have made myself a polystyrene head that is modelled from my own head (using this tutorial http://youtu.be/DhG9DWK_WcY ) I have done this because my own head is significantly larger than the model head I own and as this wig will be massively altered I thought it would be easier to have it on something the right size to start with.

19th January 2014: Making a glove patten This is the first time I have ever tried to make gloves or pattern, and my sewing skill is somewhat weak. So I hope to learn a lot from this process. Wish me luck

15th January 2014: Pleather Pleather arrived today. Will be using this for gloves and boot covers, I am also toying withe the idea of covering the armour with it .

10th January 2014: New year new scouter Scouter V2.0 is don, I am much happyer with it. The joint line is almost invisible and have used a car body paint insed of the craft enamel wich was cracking

17th December 2013: Scouter V1.1 Just looking at random cosplay on the home page and noticed a vocoloid costume with a head set which had a alice band on it. So I have added one to the scouter and it works a treat :) .

11th December 2013: Body sock The one thing that I won't be making or heavily modding arrived today.

10th December 2013: Scouter V 1.0 Finished the scouter but to be honest I'm not to happy with it
There is a joine line all the way round it and the enamel gloss has already started to chip
Also will need to use a bit of spiret gum to holed it up.

3rd December 2013: Scouter cont. 2 All the components for the scouter are now ready to be assembled once the paint has dried. I used a grey primer underneath and a white high glosson top,if you look carefully you can see that the vent area I masked has leaked under so will have to be painted again with the brush.

1st December 2013: Scouter cont. The lens is plastic from a WH smith ring binder

29th November 2013: Scouter Made a start on the scouter, eva left over from the tech priest


Nesproxy avatar

Nesproxy - 8th February 2014
Progress is looking really interesting - I can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

otakugirl avatar

otakugirl - 20th February 2014
Your scouter is amazing! I can't wait to see how it all turns out. This is going straight on my watch list :D I <3 Vegeta

MattMatt39 avatar

MattMatt39 - 14th March 2014
Love the way your doing your wig. I wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Knightsly avatar

Knightsly - 10th April 2014
looks awesome, very impressive