Paramedic Alfred Anderson - Killing Floor

In Progress

AyaCon 2013



Photos

 


Information

Been wanting to do this for a while. Was looking for a project for Ayacon and thought "Why not?" It is being made from a mix of modified existing items and scratch built kit. Some of which are far tricker to source/make than others. Will hopefully be debuted at Aya 13 and then as part of a larger photoshoot planned for September 2013.

Comments

Alias Cosplay posted on 23 August, 2013 - 08:43
Looking good

Lulu Rose posted on 24 August, 2013 - 17:53
I really enjoyed seeing this! it just looks great and I really do love the little touches. That medic gun!

Frederica la Noir posted on 23 September, 2013 - 19:49
This was brilliant! Love the photos <3

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Progress Journal

21st September 2013

Costume Error

After seeing the first lot of pictures from Aya I realised I have the drop leg on the wrong leg and the belt kit with accessories in wrong place. That will be rectified on next wearing.

14th August 2013

Hat Patch

Alias did a fantastic job fabricating an NHS patch for the hat as they cannot be purchased in shops.

13th August 2013

Bone Saw Rig Test Mount

Rig was tested to see how suitable it was. It's not perfect but allows limited mobility and looks ok.

13th August 2013

Bone Saw Rig

Bone Saw was mounted onto a dropleg panel using elasticated velcro. Loops for the excess straps were also added. Along with the Surgical Scissoers which are mounted alongside the Bone Saw.

13th August 2013

Defibrilator and Medic Bags

Bags were made by EJ Sephyirane. They were packed out to maintain thier shape. They will need a bit of modifying so they sit right.

13th August 2013

Belt Medical Items

For the belt kit I sourced some Ace Bandages, modified three Pill Bottles, and some Medical Tape. They were attached to the belt using self adhesive velcro, a loop was wrapped around the belt in several sections. The belt items then had velcro attached. This was so they could be added/repositioned/removed without the belt having to be taken off.

12th August 2013

Medical Tape

Was unable to find medical tape in an accurate size, so used masking tape instead.

12th August 2013

Latex Gloves

After some searching I was able to buy some white latex gloves. All the ones I use at work are either blue or purple and therefore unsuitable.

12th August 2013

Syringe Gun

Finished Medic Syringe Gun by In Your Dreams FX

12th August 2013

Bone Saw

Completed Bone Saw by In Your Dreams FX

12th August 2013

Paramedic Shirt

Patches for new shirt were salvaged from an old surplus one supplied very kindly by Nekoflamealchemist

11th August 2013

Syringes + Holster

Syringe holster made by the very talented Alias.com.

8th August 2013

Small Pill Bottles

Sourced some small pill bottles and resprayed caps to correct colour. Will add RX labels shortly.

8th August 2013

Stethascope

A standard stethascope was sourced from a medical supplies website. Was given a few coats of matte black paint to match reference material.

8th August 2013

Bone Saw WIP

Progress on Bone Saw made by In Your Dreams FX

25th July 2013

Paramedic Slides

Sorted a set of paramedic shoulder slide. Was quite tricky but managed it in the end.

8th July 2013

Medical Equipment

Two different types of medical/surgical scissors were sourced for use on the dropleg panel.

8th July 2013

Paramedic Uniform

Sourced Paramedic shirt and trousers from a medical supplies website. Hat was found on eBay. Fortunatly they colour match.