Blue Fairy (Magus Sister) - Skirtzzz Disney Princess Dresspheres


AyaCon 2013




After much deliberation I've decided to try to recreate Skirtzz's Blue Fairy design for the Dressphere group.
She's re-designed her with my input so I'm going to give it my all to get her as true to Skirtzz's vision.
You thought my original Blue Fairy was sparkly, well you haven't seen anything yet! :P


Yasmia posted on 22 January, 2013 - 22:46
Really looking forward to this group! Good Luck with the costume :)

gaming_goddess posted on 26 March, 2013 - 02:54
Really Looking forward to this group and how Skirtzzz does the Redux version. Though this version is still adorable :D

Anonymous posted on 19 August, 2013 - 22:04
Glitterball! I am probably repeating myself at this point, but: you're a gorgeous blue fairy and it was brilliant meeting you at Aya. :D

TheStarlightFairy posted on 20 August, 2013 - 21:35
I saw this at Aya but chickened out of saying hello... you were stunning <3

Freyarule posted on 21 August, 2013 - 18:46
This looks beautiful! You are so good at sewing ;3;

puzzledpenguin posted on 21 August, 2013 - 19:58
You looked gorgeous in this, so sparkly and elegant. It was great meeting you at Aya. :)

quixoticschlemiel posted on 21 August, 2013 - 21:02
This is so gorgeous <3

WhiteWraith posted on 3 November, 2013 - 14:49
This is such a gorgeous cosplay, love it!

Progress Journal

22nd August 2013

I have a plan

So on hindsight, many things went wrong with this costume that need seriously fixing to wear this in future, and since my wish-list characters are STILL taken for Kita (sigh), it looks like i'm wearing it again.
One I really can't do much about is my rediculous spiralling weight loss. This has been the reason many of my costumes lately haven't fit properly and is crazy annoying (I literally took in this one by 2 inches on each side just before the con and it still looks baggy... urgh). With any luck my health will behave by next time, and if not I will have to take it in even more.
I should however be able to solve the others.
The second problem is that despite an obnoxious amount of rhinestones, especially on the skirt, they all seem to have disapeered somehow on photos. This can only mean one thing... more. Not even kidding.
I also need to fix the mosiacs on the bodice. These were fine to begin with, and I didn't fix them solid like on the armpeice and headpeice, but with the heat of the day started to escape and ended up... literally everywhere. So yeah, gonna re-think and put them in as solid peices, possibly with the wings attached but we'll see.
The wings I think also need a re-think, but not sure which approach to go with there. I liked them being drapey but unless wind joined in they were pretty much invisible. So either switch them out to a tulle to make them stiffer, or back them with solid plastic and abandon the draping. wonders...
And yeah, the wig, urgh. This wig is fab and super pretty and perf for Blue but the antenae transformed it into a hot mess. So I'm thinking take the design one step further and tiara band that baby, attach the antenae better, and to the headpeice, so it doesn't have to go through the wig at all.
May also make some flat alternative shoes, just for ambling around (The NEC grounds are no where near as clean as Warwick University, and I should know :P).

9th June 2013

Glittery stuffs

Been working today on the headpeice and mosiac elements, which is super pretty though I do now have glitter modge podge all over pretty much everything. Actually doing these as real mirror mosiac, which hopefully will catch the light in a pretty way (more sparkles!), though I may throw in some gems as an extra touch on the larger sections. Will get some pics as I go, but only putting it up when I at least have the base coat of paint on.
Really struggled on Friday to get the fabrics I needed from the market (why is nothing in pale green this season?)but at least got some georgette to do the skirt with so I'll start that in the next few days hopefully. We'll see.

30th May 2013

Actually getting started

So excited to get going on this costume. Today I've gotten the leggings mostly done, apart from some finishing up and the waistband. Not going to lie, these were a pain, and took a couple goes to get the hem right, so I've now scrapped the facing idea since strech fabric doesn't really need finishing and will neaten the edges with decoration. I'm thinking I'll use some bead work to weigh the leg down so they don't keep flapping up when I walk.
It's really such a shame you can't see the texture of the fabric in the photo I uploaded, as it is so pretty, but my camera was struggling so it'll do for now.
Next on the list, gonna start work on the sculptural elements and try a few different ways to do them.