Captain America - Avengers Assemble

StatusComplete
Worn AtWales Comic Con 2013


Photos

 


Comments

Sephirayne posted on 6 February, 2013 - 11:32
Looking good. Can't wait to see it completed.

southafrimike posted on 6 February, 2013 - 12:02
Dude this is looking seriously awesome! I too look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Ragepotato posted on 6 February, 2013 - 18:11
Looking great! Can't wait to see it all together :) Clio

sharkbaitcosplay posted on 17 April, 2013 - 18:12
I would totally cosplay as Peggy, but a car from one of my favorite tv shows are there so I want to get a photo in my cosplay for that! If I can get it ready in time, I may wear it to Manchester though. :)

V_Ortenzi posted on 26 April, 2013 - 16:51
This looks very well done! Loving the look of the helmet especially. Great work, you make a fine Captain America!

Captain_Marvelous posted on 26 April, 2013 - 17:55
You Legend! ITS PERFECT!

puzzledpenguin posted on 26 April, 2013 - 18:18
Amazing! You make a great Captain America!

otakugirl posted on 26 April, 2013 - 19:04
This looks amazing *_*

Siouxsie James posted on 27 April, 2013 - 15:52
Woah! This is a great costume ^^

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Progress Journal

Shield Reinforcement (Posted 5th February 2013)

When I ordered the shield I wasn't sure whether to get a plastic one or metal one because I wasn't sure if metal was Con-safe or not so I went with the plastic. So the shield arrived and it was basically a piece of crap. The design on the front is the best thing about it. It was flimsy as hell and had the worst straps that wouldn't even support the shield, it just flopped around.
So I decided to reinforce it. At first I wasn't sure how because of the awkward shape of the shield. But I checked through the garage for anything and I came across an old Bass Drum Head. PERFECT! (A drum head has a metal ring around the outside to hold the actual head together). So I cut out the metal ring and taped it to the back of the shield and it held together quite well, but obviously I wasn't going to use tape so I had to find a suitable glue.
The glue I found is used for holding very strong structures together so I was confident it would hold the ring to the shield and it did! After 24 hours of drying it's rock solid. So that was the flimsyness sorted.
Next I had to sort out the handles issue. I had a smaller drum head with yet another metal ring which I cut out. I then cut out some wood to fit on the inside of the smaller ring and put 2 holes at either end. I then screwed the wood to the inside of the ring. Next I drilled 2 holes either end for the new straps to go through. One of the straps I used an old belt with an adjustable tightener to go round my forearm and the other end I used a handle from an old laptop case. I screwed them on and the seem alot sturdier and stronger and they actually move with my arm instead of just sagging down like with the old straps. This ofcourse means I can only hold it in my left arm if I want the shield to be 'upright' when I pose with it. Not a problem though.