16th September 2013: Facepaint, fabric and wig Sorry for the lack of activity on here! A lot has happened since the last update.
First off, I bought some Mehron Cremeblend stick in Moonlight White. It goes on quickly and easily, and today to my joy I found it set well with a powder brush and talcum powder, saving me moolah in getting translucent setting powder and a powder puff, hoorah! I will be doing a full makeup test, with the contacts, once the wig is sorted.
Speaking of the wig. Unfortunately the wig dying went awry, and I realised it was the wrong shade of blue, because I am a moron. So when I next get the chance, I will be purchasing a Lily wig again, but in Indigo blue this time. It's not the perfect colour but it's the closest match. I'm going to decide whether I will be cutting it or just pinning it up on the day because I don't really want to butcher another wig badly...
Aaaand in terms of fabric. I bought some royal blue cotton for the trousers (probably a bit too dark to colour match the wig but OH WELL, it should look ok) and some baby blue polycotton, only I found once it arrived IT WAS TOO DARK AND LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTO ARGH
It is more sky blue than baby blue. But, I should have gotten samples first, and the photograph on the website was from freaking 2004 or something, so it's my problem. Luckily it was only polycotton so relatively cheap, and I will be buying some more suitable fabric soon. I bought some nice winceyette for the top which is gorgeous, and the lining also arrived. Time is ticking and I will need to get a start on patterning and working things out soon!