Kumi Kawamura
Alien Nine / 9

Cosplayer: LittlePidgey4

Status: Complete

Condition: Not Set

26th October 2011: Borg Finished The tail was made with white fabric that I hemmed and then painted on using masking tape as an aid, and then drawing black lines on with fabric pen. That was then glued on to the back with PVA glue.

Then I altered the strap by cutting it down, removing the buckle pieces, and adding velcro.

23rd October 2011: Borg Progress Stuck the wings to the back of the borg with PVA glue. Held them down and added extra glue to ensure they'll stay attached.

22nd October 2011: Borg Progress Made a few test wings from cardboard sheets to find the desired shape. Then cut out two and drew on the lines with a ruler. Then I made the small pointy bits out of a strip of card with black lines on and coloured the tips grey. Now they've been glued on to the bottom bits of the wings.

22nd October 2011: Borg Progress Now completely finished painting it so now I can make the wings and the tail.

21st October 2011: Borg Progress After painting the whole thing white, I used black marker to draw on the design so I'd know where to seperate the different colours.

Then I painted it doing the lighter colours first. Now it's all generally painted but the cream, white, and lighter blue need to be touched up in a few places so the painting's fully finished.

21st October 2011: Shoes Bought Bought a pair of white shoes which will probably be worn instead of the roller skates since I don't do very well in them and will be slipping all over the placce.

16th October 2011: Borg Progress Paper-mached over another layer, and then painted the whole thing white ready for the colours to be painted on.

14th October 2011: Borg Progress Done one layer of paper mache using water, PVA glue, and kitchen roll. Will add one more layer to make it a bit stronger.

9th October 2011: Borg Progress Moulded on the eyes and the bits over the ears with newspaper and sellotape ready for adding paper mache.

8th October 2011: Borg Started Stuck down a base layer of newspaper down on the helmet, so then I can mold on the eyes on top.

28th September 2011: Shorts Finished I tried looking for shorts in the right colour but I closest I could find ended up being too short. So then I bought some lilac leggings to cut down. Then were then hemmed while the fabric was stretched.

16th September 2011: Kneepads Finished A few areas had to be re-painted so that the general grey colour matched.

15th September 2011: Kneepads Progress Masking tape was used as an aid to paint the light grey rectangles on the top and bottom of the kneepads. Some areas are now being re-painted so it looks even.

15th September 2011: Gloves Finished Gloves have had light grey rectangle painted on the back.

14th September 2011: Skates and Socks Finished Sorted out which socks to use that would show up beneath the skates. Will practice with using these skates before the event aswell.

14th September 2011: Kneepads Started Since I had made too much light grey paint to waste, I also started painting the kneepads.

14th September 2011: Gloves Started Fingers and thumbs have been cut off and masking tape was used to paint the light grey rectangle on the back.

14th September 2011: Shirt Finished Labels were sewn on with a sewing machine since the shirt is pretty big and loose.

1st September 2011: Shirt Progress The purple on the collar and arms have been sewn on, now the labels have been written on white fabric and are ready to be sewn on next.

31st August 2011: Shirt Progress Shoulders and rim have been sewn on, now the collar and arms have been pinned on ready to be sewn aswell.

29th August 2011: Shirt Started Using a large men's shirt, the collar was cut down a bit so that the shirt underneath can be seen. Also strips of purple fabric have been cut out and hemmed ready to be sewn on to the collar, shoulders, arms, and rim of the shirt.