Mtani
 

Dark Elf Sorceress - Warhammer

Status :In Progress
Worn At :None


Photos

Close up

My class and teachers

Progress!

Sculpting elf ears

Ready for casting!

Staff of Doom

Reference

 


Information

My SFX class are making costumes for the Norwegian championship in Warhammer which takes place the 19th of January. We are spilt up in groups of 4, who collaborate on the costumes.
My group is making:
- a Dark Elf Sorceress (which will be me)
- an Shaman Orc
- a Daemonette of Slaanesh
- a Psyker

In the start we will be focusing on our own custumes, as the appliances need to fit our own face. After that we will work together on everything.

I kinda wish I got a different character than the Sorceress. They look awesome, but I wanted to have more appliances and specail effects on me. Now I just get pointy ears and a fancy costume. :P But we had to have to easy costumes as well in the group, so we have a chance at making the deadline.

Comments

nanahara posted on 2 October, 2012 - 14:27
AWSOME XD

FusionRose posted on 3 October, 2012 - 10:09
The staff looks amazing!

ArcaneArchery posted on 8 October, 2012 - 20:01
Very impressive work on the staff head. I look forward to seeing the full costume when it is complete.

nanahara posted on 23 January, 2013 - 00:10
progress is looking AWSOME

Sephirayne posted on 23 January, 2013 - 15:51
The progress is looking epic.

Ranma1-2 posted on 23 January, 2013 - 21:29
Great sculpting skillz!

Chibi posted on 24 January, 2013 - 01:08
Stunning progress so far, as always!

Mtani posted on 25 January, 2013 - 19:48
Ahw, thank you guys! It's fun to be back in the game again! It's been a year and a half since I last made something XD

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Shopping List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Progress Journal

Staff head (Posted 5th October 2012)

After a week of sculpting in clay (Chevant medium) the staff head has finally found it's shape. The last two days have pretty much been spent remodelling the horns, as I wasn't happy with the shape they had, and adding texture. This thing has LOTS of texture. I don't want it to look like some cheap, undetailed, plastic thing one can buy from toy stores...
All that texture should make the paintjob more fun as it will be easier to make this thing look realistic.

The close up on the right shows some of the texture on the horns. That took some time, and had to be done layer by layer. Kind of like working in photoshop. Only a lot more fun!