Da Ji
Warriors Orochi

Cosplayer: JustPeachy

Status: Complete

Condition: Not Set

18th May 2013: Progress Part 1 Once again I SUCK at updating...Making cosplay and having a full time job is a lot harder work than I thought >.< Next time I'll be sure to leave myself longer to do things so I actually have some free time XD

Anyways onto the progress report. I'm pretty much all finished now apart from some small bits and pieces that need neatening up and adjusting.

- Anklets: These are made from craft foam, cardboard and leatherette. They were painted with a gold metallic acrylic and then the bells sewn on. Fiddly work with the bells but got there in the end XD

- Leg Pieces: These have now been fabric painted with Dylon Gold. I had to improvise with some of the patterning on the lower legs as try as I might I couldn't find any clear references. I have also made the gold leaves from craft foam and will attach those on.

- Tights: Making these was fun a games. I started with a pair of 15 denier tights (the same as for the sleeves.) I cut the feet out and then proceeded to map out the cut outs with clear nail varnish before having OrangeLightning cut them out whilst I wore them. After than a fabric paint boarder was added and the frog clasps. They are pretty fragile but hopefully should hold up!

- Body Suit: This started life as a swimsuit before having the alterations made by myself. Fairly self explanatory from the pictures what has been done/added here XD

- Sleeves: These have now had all the details added on. Fabric paint on leatherette is not a good idea. Much better to go with an acrylic, however being a stubborn person I persevered. It took a LOT of coats XD The brooches on the hands are just craft foam painted with a metallic gold and metallic bronze acrylic. The "carving" details were done with a craft knife and sharp pencil. The jewel is off some cheap jewelry I picked up in Primark.

- Wig: Fairly simple styling job, just cutting the fringe in around the face and then plating the rest. The wig I received was not what I ordered but it was too late to try and get another so I had to go with this one. I'd definitely get a new one if I wear this costume again. The Brooches on the front plats just smaller versions on the hand brooches. The Ponytail piece on the back is just more craft foam and black leatherette.

Time Taken: Approximately 26 hours

18th May 2013: Progress Part 2 - Moonhat: I have painted on the design using Dylon Gold once again and made the tassels myself from scratch as I couldn't find any long enough. Follow the link for the tutorial I used, it's really simple to do :D http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-make-tassels-for-your-curtains.html

- Collar: I finished up making all the small details for this now. Most of which were made from cardboard and craft foam with the same paints I mentioned before.

- Ears and Earrings: The ears was just a matter of painting and then adding some white fluff to make them look more accurate, the colour isn't a great match to my skin tone so I'm still working on this. The Earrings started life as some dangley clip-ons which I took apart and adapted to Da Ji's design a using a paper clip, Fimo Clay and bronze acrylic.

- Tails: By far the part of this costume that I am least happy with. I don't have time to re-make them now but if I re-wear this I most definitely will be doing so. They are made from pink organza stretched across a garden wire frame. Very fiddly and frustrating. The arm ones are alright but the waist ones aren't nearly big enough and don't hold their shape particularly well =/

Time Taken: 21 hours

28th April 2013: Progress... I suck at updating this XD I've been doing bits on and off since my last entry so I shall just sum it all up here...

- Arm Pieces: I have finished the arm pieces apart from the small details. They are made of black leatherette and cut up 15 denier tights. Getting the tights to behave was a pain in the butt, however surprisingly less so than I was imagining.

- Headpiece: Or moon hat as I like to call it. I started by making a newspaper pattern, then putting together three layers of cardboard and securing it all together with masking tape. This was then covered in a wine red stretch fabric, the black tips made from leatherette. I am currently painting the details on and have yet to make the tassels.

- Leg Pieces: I spent today making the leg pieces out of the same fabrics as the hat, plus some gold I had left over from Zhen Ji. All that remains to do for them is the fabric painting.

Time Taken: 15 hours

26th March 2013: Collar. I have pretty much completed the base for the collar now. It's made of leatherette in fushia and black, all the gold trim is ribbon. I started by making a pattern plan out of newspaper for this as I really didn't know how well it would translate to real life, thankfully it worked out fine.

Time Taken: 5 hours

BelaDrops avatar

BelaDrops - 17th March 2013
OMG Da ji *_* I love her much
looking forward to seeing this <3

Kacela avatar

Kacela - 26th March 2013
I love this character and costume! Good luck with it, although it is looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing this =D

nanahara avatar

nanahara - 30th April 2013
progress looks great ^^

LittlePidgey4 avatar

LittlePidgey4 - 1st May 2013
Whoa, this is looking cool!

nanahara avatar

nanahara - 6th May 2013
as per usual very impressed with the detail and work put into this

L4dyPaiNe_X avatar

L4dyPaiNe_X - 19th May 2013
You look amazing Hannah, Great work :D

ToroSonyCat avatar

ToroSonyCat - 30th May 2013
Amazing cosplay!

eternal_aranel avatar

eternal_aranel - 31st May 2013

Kacela avatar

Kacela - 31st May 2013
Perfect! Fantastic Da Ji.

KhaosKreator avatar

KhaosKreator - 2nd June 2013

Ranma1-2 avatar

Ranma1-2 - 19th July 2013
Fabulous! :)