Tifa Lockheart - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children



Photos

 


Information

This has been planned for some time, I've just never listed it here. To go with my boyfriend as AC Cloud.

Comments

J-Po posted on 30 March, 2012 - 22:03
loves the shoes lookin good

Manticore posted on 30 March, 2012 - 22:11
Looking good as well love, Loving it ^_^

FuriePhoenix posted on 31 March, 2012 - 10:15
looking goooood!

Lady Bahamut posted on 17 April, 2012 - 19:10
You look amazing! Well done :D

DuskatNight posted on 17 April, 2012 - 21:39
You make a really good Tifa! You suit her very well. :3 Well done!

Kaerith posted on 22 May, 2012 - 10:48
Awww you and Gary make such and awesome Tifa and Cloud! Lovely lovely lovely!

Progress Journal

17th April 2012

After con review

Well, I got a lot of good comments, such as people saying I suited Tifa and did well making it. The trouser were a little loose, despite them having already being taken in twice. ¬_¬
And I also made the white vest cover my tummy. Because I, yet alone anyone else, do not want to see that shit for a long time. Only downside was that the white straps kept on slipping beneath the leather waistcoat. I need to take those in a bit more.
And flatten out the darts. I looked like I was constantly 'nippy' FFS ¬_¬

30th March 2012

Oh my god I'm almost done!

I'm so pleased with the outcome so far! All I need to do is sew some belt loops on the trousers (I need a belt, the buttcape is pulling them down at the back ¬_¬), add the ribbons to the sides of them and add the white top and red ribbon.
Eeeee, I has a happy! ^^

30th March 2012

THE SHOES ARRIVED!

Slightly different to the ones I originally wanted to order, but I decided against leather look shoes (and these were slightly cheaper). Very comfy, and the wedge is slightly squishy so they give me a little spring in my step. ^^ All in all, me gusta. :3

29th March 2012

Jacket Finished and earrings converted!

Today I was overly productive. I started work on the jacket at around 12, and by 3 I had it all finished! It involved a lot of sew a bit, try it on, pin it, sew a bit more try it on etc . . . DAMN SIZE 18 BOOBS AND SIZE 12 WAIST! Got it done eventually though, after much ranting at innate objects/myself. ^^'
Then, I set out to change the clip on earrings into proper earrings, which worked!
I started work on the trousers, but I haven't got enough fabric (by about 30cm GAH) so I'll be popping into town tomorrow to get some more so that I can finish this outfit off.

5th March 2012

EARRINGS!

OH
MY
GOD

I spent AGES scouring the net for her earrings and was almost at the point of resorting to making them, but then today in my local market, I found these beauties! They are clip-ons, which is a shame, but oh well, I'm happy to finally have her earrings.
Seriously, you'd think something so simple would be much easier to find. -_-

2nd March 2012

Pocket Completed

Finally found some buttons which were actually the right size and style today! Sewed them on in no time at all.

Apologies for the blurry picture.

26th February 2012

Potential Shoes

So, I've been looking into what shoes I should choose and, as I am pretty vertically challenged ¬_¬, then I've decided to go for some wedges to give me that extra bit of height (and hopefully make my legs look longer)!
These seem to be pretty good, they'd need some editing to make them into Tifa's shoes, but they seem pretty close.

26th February 2012

Pocket Start

I don't know what to call this, the front flap type thing that has the pockets on on Tifa's front. Anyways, I made a start on this today. I hemmed the flap and hemmed the top of the pocket before sewing it onto the flap itself. It just needs the buttons on either side and then it's done!

26th February 2012

Buttcape Completion

Finished it today after weeks of procrastination!
Ironing it was a bugger. I was scared I was gonna melt it so first I ironed it on the reverse, which did all of nothing for the actual top pleats that you see, so then I had to fiddle with the heat on the iron endlessly until I found a temperature that pressed creases into the leather, but didn't melt it.
Hemming it was a nerve-wracking process too, as I've never worked with leather before and wasn't sure how my sewing machine would cope. I used a leather needle which seemed to help and I also set it on a long stitch. Thankfully, my sewing machine had little trouble with the leather, only in areas where there were several layers, but all sewing machines would have a problem with that, me thinks.
Pleased with the result, but some of the pleats are uneven and that bugs me . . .

7th February 2012

Buttcape Start

I started work on the buttcape today. First, I made a mock-up out of muslin just to make sure that I didn't end up wasting any leather. Then I came onto the leather and slowly pleated, trying to use as little pins as possible because, if you don't know, once there's a pin hole in leather, it's there for good.
Pretty pleased with the result, now it just needs hemming and the pleats ironing in.