20th April 2012: What needs to be sorted out for Expo! Ok so after giving her a good run at Kitacon, there's a list of things I need to improve for May Expo, as me and Goldie are entering the sisters competitively in the masquerade (also for fun but we want to see how far we'd go XD) which means I must make sure nothing goes bad!
This means I will be remaking or rethinking the horn. It worked generally but it kept falling down my forehead during the day, causing me to push it back up a lot. This caused a lot of readjusting to be done during the day and there are photos were I wasn't aware of it.
Also, the crown will need some clips or grips glued onto it - the combs at the back weren't enough and if I tilted my head too much upwards it fell back. This also caused the wig to slip back and I had to keep pulling it forward, which really didn't do much. SO I've bought some wig/toupee clips that I will be sewing into the hairline of the wig that should hopefully anchor it onto my forehead. The horn will be remade - well, I might make a new one out of light air clay but if I run out of time, I'll use the one I made, but get rid of the elastic and make it detachable onto a headband with wire sticking out (a similar process that I used for Wanda and Cosmo's crowns from Fairly Odd Parents) and hopefully this should anchor the wig also as pushing the horn back every 5 minutes didn't help.
Funnily enough the wig got more tangled wearing it normally in the evening than how I had it during the day!! I will need to detangle it, and the ends have gotten a bit frizzy again ¬__¬ hopefully it should be ok, might need to give it a quick hot water treatment. The amount of combing I gave it has made the dye at the ends fade a bit though :( I'm hoping this should be alright as I don't really want to have to dye it all again!!! It should be ok though as Celestia does have a gradient effect in her hair.
Ok onto the main dress and stuff. The wings will need marabou feathers stuck onto the harness for added fluffiness, even though it wasn't really seen it would look nice anyways. there's a hole in one of the dress's seams so a quick sew together will fix that up - I need to remember not to yank on the dress when getting up as I imagine that's how it happened.
The collar cape needs some serious TLC. It didn't work out how I was hoping at all, the cape was too heavy to drape properly. The collar ended up being dragged over the wings and it just looked messy, so I'm going to unstitch the thread connecting the cape to the collar and reattach it but to a smaller section of the collar, the section directly above the wing harness - hopefully this should prevent the dragging of it. The collar itself will be attached more to my overdress, last time I only used like 2 safety pins and I obviously will need more. If I don't use safety pins I might sew some velcro to keep it put, on both the front and the back of the collar. If worst comes to worst - TIT TAPE.
I also need to remember, when I swish my cape, do it SLOWLY. I think I did it too quick as none of the photographers were ready, plus the way it draped badly it probably wouldn't have looked good anyways! Lmao.
I think that's everything, don't think there's anything I need to add. If I find some gold pearl trim for the bottom of the dress to go with the gold trim I'll use that (to match with Goldie's silver trim)
But yeah, time to sort that out and I also need to work on my reference - since it's an original design of an existing character I need to make them epic so I can be awarded points on accuracy XDD
THUUUS the costume is now back In Progess XD