21st April 2012: Re-doing Jade There were a lot of things wrong with my Jade cosplay and I really want to improve on it. I've decided to enter it into the London MCM Expo Masquerade on the Sunday in May. Before then I need to improve the belt (including making a back holder for the staff), a staff that lights up (determined to make it light up), and improve the trousers and tidy up the jacket.
I began improving some of the stuff today but have run into a wall already. The pattern on the side of the trousers was pretty poorly done as it was rush job at 1am the day before Minami. So I decided to make a new pattern and sew it on, but the one I've made don't cover all the paint -_- And I can't get the acrylic off without ruining the fabric.
But that's not a problem. As long as I can get some more of the original fabric again I can re-make the trousers from scratch and apply the new pattern. Which will be better for a competition as the trousers I have so far are no good. They're poorly altered to my body shape and are too short with not enough flare.
I know I'm probably being really anal about the details, but like my Horo coslay, I want the work I create to be perfect. If it's not, then I need to improve it and wear it again. Which is great because I like wearing my costumes more than once and it's a good excuse to do so.
Also, because Jade was a rush job before I didn't take ANY progress pics. Not good for a competition. So I'll take progress pics this time of my improvements and put them online :)