12th July 2012: I'm still not very good a this I've recently been having trouble with this dress. I cut out the first dress and ran into trouble when to came to sewing up the sleves. i had lots of excess material round the armhole. At first i thought it was just me cutting it wrong and decided to press on regardless and i cut it to shape. when i came to sew he second dress i got the same problem.
I decided to think about it more because i knew that i had used this pattern before for Erika and never ran into such problems. then I realised I was sewing the left side of the pattern to my right hand side. So now the second dress needs re pinning the other way round, and the underdress now had to stay the wrong way round.
I still can't figure out how I did it. the 1st dress material is shiny on one side, which is the side I was gonna have to the outside, so i'm not sure how I cut it wrong unless the pattern was upside down when I cut it out. I would flip the 1st dress, but it's already sewn up and I have already altered the cut of the dress to be like Yorda's. so I will just have to deal with it.
I feel stupid for doing it. If the material was reversable It would have been ok, but nevermind live and learn. XD