Grim Reaper HUNK
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

Cosplayer: Leadmill

Variant: Mr Death

Status: Complete

Condition: Not Set

26th October 2011: Trousers Fabricated Pattern pieces were stiched together roughly. Slightly larger than needed so adjustmants could be made. This was useful especially for the leg length.

26th October 2011: Trouser Pattern Cut After checking the weft/weave of the material was correct the material was cut to shape, according to the pattern.

26th October 2011: Trousers Started Using same material used for the tunic, the fabric was laid out in preperaton for cutting.

23rd October 2011: Gloves Finished Final latex and paint added.

22nd October 2011: Kit Test Tried mask, tunic and crossbelt, to get an idea how of it looks together. Very happy with the result.

22nd October 2011: Tunic Remade New tunic was made after testing with a prototype, the fabric chosen is a black/brown fleck weave, a heavyweight linen/polyester blend. It was a better colour, gave a better shape overall and was made up of three different pattern pieces combined, the tunic, the caplet and the heavy hood and it's easily slipped over the head.

22nd October 2011: Glove Design These were originally black mechanic gloves, white areas were painted over with latex in the correct shape of the final design. This was to make sure the white fabric paint didn't bleed into the black fabric and helped to hide the edges of the original design and make the paint more even.

17th October 2011: Tunic Test Test wore costume minus details. The tunic is a bit tight, so it will be remaid using lessons learnt from the first version. With the invaluable help of Alias!

12th October 2011: Pouches Finished + Belt Cover Pouches were finished, as well as a belt cover made from spare leather and string.

10th October 2011: Hood Attached The large heavy hood and capelet attached to the tunic. The hood was gathered at the front so that it draped neatly.

10th October 2011: HUNK's Caplet A double layer was used to add to the rough edge of the capelet as seen in the game references. This was attached to the main tunic around the shoulders after the hood was attached.

10th October 2011: HUNK's Tunic Basic tunic made from a lightweight poly crepe fabric. The tunic, hood and capelet were combined from separate patterns.

6th October 2011: Pouches 2 Paper templates were used to find the correct sizing then the base of the pouches were made from thin craft foam, covered in suede fabris with push pins and press studs used for the faux fastenings.

5th October 2011: Pouches 1 First batch of pouches completed

30th September 2011: Boot Blade Complete Blade was cut from the handle. A hole was drilled into the boot sole and a metal dowel inserted. This was then used to affix the blade.

26th September 2011: Filter Filter was painted and fixed into place. Care was taken to keep the vents clear of paint, so as to no be breathed in. Paint is a known carcongenic.

26th September 2011: VPU Finished and Paint Applied Added a jar lid to the front of the VPU, and after adding a few more coats of paint, removed the lenses masks and used meths to clean edges.

25th September 2011: Painting Started Using specialist rubber paint the mask and VPU were given first few coats of paint. Some minor bubbling was encountered but will be sanded off and painted over once first few coats dry.

25th September 2011: Mask Prepped For Painting Masking off the filter port and covering the lenses with film and paint proof lenses (pringles lid), the mask was then cleaned and readied for painting.

25th September 2011: Lenses Lenses are red reflective acetate, cut to shape and installed.

25th September 2011: VPU Base Coated While waiting for some pringles lids to become available so I could mask lenses when I painted them, I base coated the VPU with black enamel spray paint.

25th September 2011: VPU Test Fit Test fitted VPU to make sure it sat right. The outer foam casing needed a good "Stanley Knifing" before I could get it sitting straight.

25th September 2011: VPU Fixtures After measuring out some foam to bulk VPU out with, I used some packing material to provide a more stable base for the unit on the mask.

25th September 2011: VPU Started Using a tin of rather grim Co-Op sweetcorn (the contents of which went straight into the bin), I cleaned to tin out and cut it to shape using a hacksaw and tin-snips.

4th September 2011: Boot Blade Salvaged from a project that never saw daylight, i'm going to be using a larp throwing knife as a donor weapon for my boot blade.


Yasmia avatar

Yasmia - 26th September 2011
Progress shots are looking pretty good!
Looking forward to seeing this completed

Unknown member avatar

Anonymous - 28th September 2011
Nothing more powerful and adaptive than the S10 gasmask. looking wicked mate. Look forward to seeing it!

Captain_Marvelous avatar

Captain_Marvelous - 1st October 2011
PLASTIDIP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Petchy-mon avatar

Petchy-mon - 1st October 2011
Cannot wait to see this complete. A very interesting new look for HUNK.

gaming_goddess avatar

gaming_goddess - 6th October 2011
I'd not seen this version hunk before but cool concept. Progress is looking brilliant :)

Captain_Marvelous avatar

Captain_Marvelous - 22nd October 2011
Looks fuckin radical!

sjbonnar avatar

sjbonnar - 26th October 2011
Love it mate!

Unknown member avatar

Anonymous - 27th October 2011
looking wicked!

Angelphie avatar

Angelphie - 1st November 2011
Super-accurate and really well made! I especially like your work on the scythe and the system you came up with for the knives.

Ragepotato avatar

Ragepotato - 1st November 2011
This was astonishing ^_^ And it was lovely to meet you in person!

-Phi

Alias Cosplay avatar

Alias Cosplay - 4th November 2011
It was great finally seeing this altogether :)

Zelvyne avatar

Zelvyne - 4th November 2011
This was very impressive and intimidating to see in person - very nicely done ^_^