Jane Porter - Disney's Tarzan


 


Sephirayne posted on 20 September, 2013 - 02:27
The progress is looking fantastic.

Moonchild posted on 20 September, 2013 - 09:15
Can't wait to see this!! Progress is looking great so far =)

ToroSonyCat posted on 20 September, 2013 - 14:56
Looks wonderful so far! I've never actually seen someone cosplay Jane before, shame when her design is so lovely!

yuubalu posted on 22 September, 2013 - 22:16
Loving the dress. Nicely done!

Tsuchinoko posted on 8 October, 2013 - 14:13
This looks spot-on for Jane. Not only the costume but also the hair and make-up =)

springinstep posted on 8 October, 2013 - 14:21
This looks great! I'll certainly be keeping an eye out at Expo. :D

SaffronJay posted on 8 October, 2013 - 14:59
Your costume looks very close to the original! I hope I see it at expo!

otakugirl posted on 8 October, 2013 - 19:29
wow its such a pretty cosplay <3

Siouxsie James posted on 10 October, 2013 - 16:47
This looks amazing!! :)

No thanks posted on 20 October, 2013 - 03:00
Dress porn *__*

Sephirayne posted on 6 November, 2013 - 15:11
You look great in the photos ^_^

Dress
Boots/spats
Pith helmet
Gloves
Parasol
Sketchboook
Posh ass accent ;)
Wig
Fabrics!
£0.00
Parasol
£0.00

Total cost: £0.00

10th October 2013

Spatastic!

Ok. I was SUPER scared of making these but thanks to tutorial by Animus Panthera (http://animus-panthera.deviantart.com/art/Spats-tutorial-part-1-pattern-...) I managed to do a pretty ok(ish) job of them. I am really loving the projects that I am taking on at the moment because I am learning new things each time! :)

If you have any questions about the spat making process the tutorial could tell you way more than I could. It's best if you have someone to help you with the pattern making process because doing it alone is tricky!

21st September 2013

Dress Success!!

I did it. I finally did it. Jane's dress is finished! Aside from a little bit of taking in which I'll fix closer to expo, I am really happy with it. God bless dress patterns! <3

The original fabric was WAY too light so I machine dyed it with Dylon which worked perfectly and is a much richer colour :3 The polonaise was a bit of a pain as I'm still trying to work out how to let it hang better but overall, I'm happy with how this has turned out :)

3rd July 2013

Pre LFCC Prep Research

I am planning on trying to follow a Jane Porter tutorial by the amazing Sarah http://amostpeculiarmademoiselle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/jane-porter.html and will be using the same pattern as I used for my Idris costume. I may need to make a new Bustle however >< Bleugh