Lulu Rose
 


Costume :Asa Shigure
Variant :Summer School Uniform
Source :Shuffle!
Progress :Complete
Worn At :Minami Con 20 (2014)


Costume Photos

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Nertcam!

Foxycam!

Foxycam!

The finished wig

Ref 1

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £60.00 mostly due to contact lenses.
Time Taken : Roughly a week.

Description
I recently watched Shuffle!....yes I'm behind.
I liked Asa as soon as she appeared and as the show went on I started to really like her character more and more.

I chickened out of wearing this at ayacon 2013 due to self esteem and confidence issues, I'll be wearing it at minami 2014 though, I have to adjust the costume due to putting weight on though, which hit me a bit hard but, I will wear this damned thing!

Comments

Avatar Image

we most definetly have to do this one day still 8D

by LemonPanda on Friday, 1 June, 2012 - 22:21
Avatar Image

Great progress. Love the journal. Looking forward to seeing this.

by Sephirayne on Friday, 2 August, 2013 - 11:26
Avatar Image

This is so cute and the uniform is so crisp and neat! Can't wait to see it!

by SephNoir on Tuesday, 6 August, 2013 - 22:57
Avatar Image

I so very very very nearly brought my Lisianthus uniform with me to Minami! When I noticed your Asa I was kicking myself.
You looked great!

by Angel Tear on Friday, 14 March, 2014 - 16:37
Avatar Image

This looks great! You really suit her :)

by WhiteWraith on Friday, 14 March, 2014 - 18:25
Avatar Image

Thank you very much for the lovely comments guys <3

by Lulu Rose on Saturday, 15 March, 2014 - 18:13
 

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Journal

Bow added (Posted 1st August 2013)

Here's a shot of the bow in place.

I'll be getting some full costume shots later today and some proper photos of the wig all finished up soon.

The finished wig style (Posted 1st August 2013)

Here,s the wig fully styled. It just needs the bow added, which has since been done.

I used a combination of hairdryer heat, back combing, hairspray and hair glue for this.

The wig (Posted 1st August 2013)

This was something I was working on along side the skirt. I finished styling it about a week ago.

It started out as a long wig as you can see, then I cut it, then I straightened it and trimmed it further until I had the right length.

Bow! (Posted 1st August 2013)

Making bows is so easy and fun. I've made tons of them now.

This one was made using yellow poplin and has no interfacing as it's fairly sturdy on it's own.

Pretty much finished. (Posted 1st August 2013)

All that was missing at this stage was the waistcoat buckle and the buttons.

Oh. I actually did the fastenings on the shirt and waistcoat with popper tape, it's SO much easier than buttons and it just looked neater.

This was also after I fitted the waistcoat. It was a little harder to fit than the shirt and it seems to smush my chest down a little.

The waistcoat. (Posted 1st August 2013)

I used the same pattern for the waistcoat as the shirt, only I split the back into 4 panels. The design for the waistcoat has a back middle seam and 2 back princess line seams, which was kinda crazy but due to the pattern being bigger than me, this wasn't an issue.

I got lazy though and didn't take any progress shots of the fitting for this part.

Shirt finished (Posted 1st August 2013)

The shirt finished, with the sleeves sewn on and the brown edging on the neckline. The ribbon is also on the back of the collar too.

SLEEEEEVES (Posted 1st August 2013)

I used my own pattern for the puff sleeves. The same one used on my Rena dress. A pretty standard sleeve pattern.

I made the puff part from the same cotton as the shirt but the cuffs are made from drill and buckram.

The bottom edge of the sleeves had a run of wide super loose stitching so I could pull it, to runch it up. This is a really quick and easy way to create ruffles! and idea for puff sleeves.

The cuffs are 2 pieces of drill and a piece of buckram in the middle. Making sure they were stiff enough to not fold over on their own.

I then stitched the Grosgrain ribbon on in 2 parts. I used the smaller one to do the bits in the middle that come down into the cuff and then I used the thicker one so edge the cuffs. Not PERFECT but still fairly pleased with the result.
I also did the line of brown stitching here too.
The cuffs are tight enough to stay put, which is perfect.

2nd fitting of shirt (Posted 1st August 2013)

I fitted the shirt further by taking it in by about an inch under the bust on the 2 front princess seams. Looks much better now!

This was the final fitting.

Collar attatched! (Posted 1st August 2013)

I attached the collar onto the neckline of the shirt as you'd imagine. It was a little more awkward than I anticipated due to the curve involved and the patterns being different.