15th July 2011: Initial Thoughts As with all of my cosplays I try to think about the entire look, to get it to look like the character's outline. The make or break element here is that jacket. Having had a quick scout of Ginji cosplays out there I can the following points to be made to make mine look instantly recognisable as Ginji;
- Sunglasses - Must be slim and rectangular
- Jacket - Long with high collars. The collar is the most important.
- Chin beard - I could grow this easily. But I should look into getting a fake one if possible. Same with the hair, it'll be difficult to find a wig that does a buzz-cut like that, I'll have to temp-dye my side hair and spike my hair up. Not looking forward to cutting it that short but the things I do for cosplay, eh?
- Shirt - White and to show chest, NOT a regular white shirt
- Katana - Slim, very long and quite straight, NO guard on the hilt.
Cosplay Island is a news, portfolio and resource site for UK cosplayers. Join for free today, create your cosplay profile and share your photos with other cosplayers, or browse thousands of costumes by our members. Stay updated with all the latest news from the costuming world and cosplay events.