Caterina Sforza
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Cosplayer: SephNoir

Status: Complete

Condition: Not Set

KitaCon 2011 Cosplay Competition

25th March 2011: Planning! Spent this morning de-constructing the top dress. I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have Tobuscus' play through vids to stare at! <3

The top dress isn't as tricky as I remembered it thankfully. It's essentially going to have to be made as a skirt and jacket style top which will button onto the skirt at the front. I'd like to not have to attach it to the red dress so I'm hoping the skirt will be able to stay up with just a waistband which will sit on my hips with the belt covering it.

Found some excellent gold chain for the other belts and will be gem hunting today for the jewelled belt. Wig has been ordered so hopefully that will arrive soon and will be getting shoes today too.

It feels like a lot to do still but it's not a huge amount really (except the embroidery!).

24th March 2011: Remaining work Just for my own ref really, a list of what's left on her now:

Zip in top
Eyelets in back panels

Red Dress:
Buttons and loops on white back

Make purple dress
Lace trim on purple dress
Embroidery of doom(!)

Purple belt
Chain belts with gems
Dye and style wig
Find good (non feet killing) shoes.

24th March 2011: Surprisingly a lot done! Despite it being two weeks since the last update I feel like this has progressed very quickly.
The under skirt is complete with lace and buttons attached. The pants are sewn together. The corset top is now complete too but waiting for a zip (annoyingly I've had to use a zip on this one as there's no visible openings and it seems the lacing on the back is for aesthetics only), and the red dress is completely finished and just waiting for some buttons on the back.

All that's left to do now is the purple dress which I'm slightly putting off for now until I feel better and can get my head round the design without sneezing all over it! So for now, have lots of progress photos!

8th March 2011: Underwear progress Got quite a bit done in this last week. On top of a commission I've got the underwear cut out now and ready to sew and the underskirt with top lace prep'ed. Still waiting on the top dress fabric which will hopefully be in the shop this week. Will likely have to go in this week anyway for Jack so fingers crossed it'll have arrived!

Discovered I also need a hell of a lot more lace than first expected. After trimming just the under skirt I've used up pretty all of the 5m I originally bought. Luckily the cotton will be enough to cover the corset so I won't have any extra costs now on this costume other than the thread for the embroidery and some extra lace. Slightly dreading the embroidery, but simply for the time it's going to take!

Working out dressing time it's going to take a while to get us both into costume as there's no zips at all and all laces and buttons. DX It'll be nice to have a fully accurate costume but extremely annoying for no quick releases!

Going to order the wig this week too, I've found a perfect one on CosCraft though it will need a little bit of dye just to darken it!

25th February 2011: Fabric aquired! Managed to get essentially everything I'm going to need for the costume this week which is nice but crippling on my bank account! Currently got a two week wait on the main fabric (the red and purple brocade) as it's being ordered in from the company. Everything for the under garments I was able to get while in town so I'll be getting on with that while doing some other costumes.

I've got a lovely cream lace with a slight stretch to it for the pants and base corset, the corset will be lined with soft cotton which is also going to be used on the under skirt. While I could cheat I'd really like this to be done as accurately as possible and get each layer right.

Jack's brother returned the game last night so I'll be playing through the opening today to get some nice refs of the back of the dress and everything underneath!

All that remains to buy is some nice base shoes, wig and the gems for the belt. And a crap load of thread for the embroidery! DX

20th February 2011: And so it begins This is likely to be my big piece for the year so I want to get an early start on her. It's going to be going with Jack's first ever costume which I will wait for him to upload before saying what it is.
Going to be getting fabric for her tomorrow hopefully after a while of planning. I've been researching and hunting for a few months now for the right type and have finally found a nice substitute for what they would have used at the time. Thankfully with the sales still on it's currently half price so won't be too bad.
I'm aiming for a heavy brocade cotton for the purple and red and possibly silk for the white of the sleeves. Also thanks to sexy times at the start of the game I'll be making all of her under clothes too including her lace underwear! XD
I'm really excited to be starting this at last as I've been planning for so long for it!

zabuza89 avatar

zabuza89 - 8th March 2011
i look forward to this :)
love that dress ^^

Sephirayne avatar

Sephirayne - 8th March 2011
Looking forward to seeing this. That dress is gorgeous.

ryaoki avatar

ryaoki - 24th March 2011
Bwahahaah i came online at work just to see this!
and so far it looks STUNNING! YOU and JACK have really outdone yourselves on these outfits!

SephNoir avatar

SephNoir - 24th March 2011
XD Cheers Reiss, now get back to work lol!
You get to see it in person this Friday! It looks so much better off camera, none of the seam details show up at all on the photos. DX

KhaosKreator avatar

KhaosKreator - 25th March 2011
Love the fabric you picked for this!

Toshi-chan avatar

Toshi-chan - 25th March 2011
This is beautiful! So much attention to detail.

Can't wait to see it complete :)