14th September 2011: Shirt Today I spent my time working on my shirt for Rapunzel! :) I'd already cut the basic pieces out and tacked them together before dyeing the fabric, but then I decided I liked the reverse of the fabric more and had to untack it all to turn it the other way out. I cut off the straps that I'd previously made, as they went all flimsy and nasty in the dyeing process, and made new ones. I didn't want to do that, originally, but then I realised Rapunzel's shirt has seams where the straps join to the bodice, so yay!
My brother helped me install all 22 eyelets into the front of the bodice - I managed to put in 4 by myself, but I'm pretty useless at it so he helped me out a lot and put the rest in where I wanted them. After the eyelets were done, I laced them all up, and that took more than a couple of attempts, lmao; I wanted it laced like Rapunzel's shirt is, and I kept messing up. Got there eventually, though!
After that I pinned the ribbon and lace to the bottom of the shirt, and it's looking pretty cute at the minute :) I've pinned the ribbon around the top of the shirt too, but as I need to use my sewing machine to attach the back panel (where her pink buttons are), and it's past 1am, I figured I'd stop for the night, lol. I shall hopefully continue working on it tomorrow!