7th February 2011: Cloak #2 Soooooooo, finally got the pattern work on the go. Started by drawing out a rough sketch of the design from my hours of researching on Saturday morning.
After I spent about 30mins of drawing it up, with scalings and such, I started Drawing out each section in tracing/pattern paper, pinning the fabric to the pattern, cutting out with my shiny rotary cutter xD and then painting with diluted gold paint to make sure it doesnt stiffen too much.
Once I got a few patterns done, I attached to the cloak with wonderweb and will be adding the other sections to it hopefully this week (as I ran out of paint and paper and had to buy more today :p )
I have also decided that the first cloak I made... is too short (I dont feel that it hands off the shoulders very well, so I will be making another after I have made a start on the hat and dress... That way.. If I run out of time and can use the old cloak as a back up! ^-^
Looking forward to carrying on with this actually hehe