31st July 2010: Tail I was quite worried about the tail tbh, fearing it looking utter crap haha.
I used a sock as a base and cut away some of the material along the "leg" to make the tail thinner. Then I turned the sock inside out and sewed it shut followed by turning it back the right side and stuffing it.
I didn't want to sew it directly onto my leotard in case it tore and I didn't want to use safety pins or velcro either. In the end I got the idea to use a belt method from the way the cast of the musical CATS have their tails attached. I bought a pink ballet leotard belt, which is thin and elasticated, to attach my tail to. The colour was quite pale to begin with but I covered it with more of the sock material so it all matched. Then I simply sewed my tail onto it.
The colour of the socks by some miracle almost matches the shade of pink of my leotard so everything blends in nicely which I'm pleased about. The shape of the bottom part of the tail isn't quite right (and it's prob pretty obvious I've used a sock haha) but this cosplay is meant to be for fun so I'm not going to fuss around making it look identical. Overall I'm pretty happy with it =)