Elizabeth 'Beth' Darnell (Steampunk pilot ) - Original Character



Photos

 


Information

I have been wanting to do a Steampunk character for sometime, so this will be the first of a few ideas I have had floating about in my head. This cosplay will be mainly shop bought garments that I may customised and also create props to go with the costume.

Comments

Leadmill posted on 25 April, 2010 - 22:27
Looking forward to seeing this!

Littlegeeky posted on 25 April, 2010 - 22:34
Oooo I can't wait to see this ^_^

hakuloveszabuza posted on 25 April, 2010 - 22:44
Thanks for the encouragment guys as I am abit nervous about this costume. Due to time and money this will not be the complete costume more like version one as I have so much more to add for future events ^^

Captain_Marvelous posted on 26 April, 2010 - 00:17
The Goggles really look the part! :) im sure this will look spot on, its the wonderful thing about Steampunk! as long as you try and pour yourself into it, its difficult to get it wrong :)

rohanfox posted on 18 May, 2010 - 18:27
This looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see it! :)

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Progress Journal

23rd February 2010

Start of Beth Darnell

As this is my first Steampunk character/costume it will be pretty simple but in saying that I am really enjoying the creation progress and other ideas are sparking off it.
After deciding upon a character and writing a bio (which I will post here at some point) I then searched e-bay for items for the costume. The charity shops in my area are rubbish so I didn’t hold out much hope finding anything I wanted but I might go looking once in a while for possible items to add to costumes. Anyway I found some great brown leather boots and a brown satin corset. Also a dark blue military style jacket, goggles and a white shirt which I can alter to create the look I am after for the character. So far I have just altered the shirt by removing the ugly black plastic buttons, cutting off the loops that fastened the shirt and sewn up the front two panels where the buttons and loops where positioned.